Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The much anticipated sequel to Legend certainly lives up to its expectations.

Prodigy gives the readers a better understanding of the dystopian society that June and Day live in, not only the Republic but the entire world. In Legend, the Republic seemed isolated and the rest of the world seemed nonexistent, but in Prodigy, the other countries are explained, which helped me build a better image of the world the characters live in.

In addition, I found myself liking the character June more. Prodigy reveals more of the character’s backgrounds, giving the readers a better understanding of the characters themselves. Unlike other authors, Marie Lu’s characters are real and full of the substance. After she embarks on a dangerous journey, it becomes hard to differentiate right from wrong, friends from enemies and finding a balance between listening to your conscience and carrying out your duty. She also struggles with her feelings toward Day, who comes from a different background than she does, while next to Anden, someone with the same economic class and whom she can relate to. It also doesn’t help when Tess confronts Day on how June is, although indirectly, responsible for his family’s death and all the misfortune that has befallen him since they met.

Marie Lu, an undeniably talented author, has managed to make the ending, for me, best part and the worst part. The ending was so sad and heart-wrenching that it made me want to stop reading, yet at the same time, the cliff-hanger left me wanting more.

Prodigy unquestionably surpasses Legend and will leave readers wanting more and counting down the days until the last book is releases
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account