Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Thank you to Blink and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for my honest review.

As soon as I saw the synopsis of this book said a Groundhog's Day and Pretty in Pink mashup I knew I had to read this. While I'm not an 80s child, Pretty in Pink was one of my favorite movies to watch with my mom. I think the author did a brilliant job of blending the 2 movies together and with all the 80s references, made a pretty good book.

This book is about Andie who's movie obsessed mom has her watch classic movies at every pivotal moment in her life. The night before she starts at a brand new school her mom has her watch Pretty in Pink with her, while wearing her polka dot 80s dress from her thrift shopping excursions. Oh and this is all taking place on a giant leather pink couch that she just purchased. When Andie wakes up for school the next morning, she gets a ride to school from her summer crush Colton, who she's determined to make fall in love with her. After her first horrendous day at school, Andie comes home and falls asleep on the couch. When she wakes up the next morning, the day before never happened, she's living it again. Andie must figure out how to stop living the same day over and over again.

I really did like this book. Parts of it were honestly hilarious and I love some of the things that Andie did because she knew she would get to start the day over again and no one would remember. I also really liked the author's writing style. It flowed very easily and was never boring or tedious in spots.

I didn't really care for the character Andie at the beginning, she was completely focused on getting whatever she wanted and looking at the world wrong. I know when I went to high school we had our cliques and yes a lot of people did get bullied and talked about but Andie was determined to have the jock and be the popular girl, even if it meant snubbing other people that she saw below her.

This book definitely touched on the problem of cliques and bullying in high school and that's one thing I really liked about this book. Add in all the 80s references and you have me sold. Excellent writing by Laurie Crompton and hopefully I will enjoy other books of hers as well.

Thank you again to Blink and NetGalley!
Good Points
80s movies. Groundhog Day. Pretty in Pink.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account