Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Etta Spencer is an exceptional violin prodigy; she works hard to perfect her craft and now it’s finally paying off as she’s expected to make her grand debut. But before that can happen Etta is kidnapped and thrust into another time and century, it turns out that Etta is a Passenger – a person who can travel through time. Alone and lost in the past Etta must get back to her real time but in order to do that she must help the ruthless family of Ironwoods on a quest that may destroy the very fabric of her world.

Etta was such a great MC, she’s sassy, fierce and passionate but what I loved most about her by far was her quick-fire nature, don’t get me wrong Etta is clearly a well educated girl but she’s not afraid to speak whatever comes to her mind – there was literally a scene were I screamed fuck yeah! – and she usually says what I internally scream at the book.

Bracken’s writing has completely changed since her earlier series and it’s for the better. I would have loved some more dialogue; Bracken’s writing makes quick and vivid details of all the time travelling places Etta visits but her ability to expertly write witty exchanges between characters is flawless and I just wanted more and more of it.

Passenger is a great start to what’s sure to be an enchanting series, I would definitely recommend it but I would say that you may want to take your time with it – the first hundred pages or so are slow, it may take a while to fully get to grips with the story but you will get there trust me. You can immediately tell that a lot of time and research had gone in to making this book and shows it in bucket loads, lovers of history will enjoy the details shown in the different era’s when Etta time travels. I only wished for more action or more progression with the plot but as this is a duo-logy I'm sure to get that in Wayfarer!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account