N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:
I'm a big fan of Bracken's THE DARKEST MINDS series; even though she's said PASSENGER is a very different book, it was still one of my most anticipated 2016 releases. PASSENGER is a completely different story, but I loved it just as much.

The story takes off right away and doesn't slow its pace throughout the novel. The heroine, Etta Spencer, finds herself reeling from a tragedy and completely unmoored when she falls into the past. I loved how she handled such a crazy situation; even though she's confused and upset, she keeps a level head and charges full-steam ahead to do what she has must to get back to her own time. Etta is a heroine full of agency.

Her counterpart, Nick, is the same way. Controlled and demeaned for years by the powerful and terrifying Ironwood family, Nick hasn't let them destroy his humanity. When he realizes the trouble Etta is in, he does everything in his power to help her. I loved their growing romance, which despite the short timeline, felt natural.

The magic system, called traveling, is very well done. There are rules that must be followed when it comes to time travel. The best world-building both has rules and sticks to them, and that's definitely the case in this story.

What Left Me Wanting More:
The story ends with a mystery as to what will happen next, so of course, I can't wait to get my hands on the next installment. I also enjoyed all of the different locations and time periods so much that I hope there's more travel in the next book as well!

The Final Verdict:
Filled with heart-stopping adventures through time and a swoony romance, PASSENGER is sure to be a hit with readers everywhere.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account