N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jessica

In a highly simplistic novel, John Green introduces the reader with a girl who wants the ultimate escape and a boy who wants to keep her the same forever. After a long night of getting back at the town, she suddenly disappears and a long series of clues follow her disappearance. This book had strong parallels with both "Shift" and "As Simple as Snow," both of which were published before "Paper Towns."

I personally dislike John Green's style of writing, and believe that he doesn't know how to end a novel, and this book was no exception. The plot was interesting, yes, and the characters were real and more 3D than in his other books, but "Paper Towns" had a highly disappointing ending that simply just ended the way that a chapter would. All of the story and build up of suspense crashed down in the ending without any prestige and seemed as though John Green simply got bored with the book and just wanted to pile everything together into a few simple words.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to read this book is to read all but the last couple chapters, because, up to that point, the adventure is well done, but, as I said earlier, the ending of the book is a disaster. I wouldn't recommend reading this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account