Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The second book in the Razorland Trilogy does not disappoint. This time Deuce is forced to conform to a society that is radically different from the one she grew up in. A society that has clear rules of conduct, dress and tasks for both men and women and it does not approve of women doing what is considered ‘men’s work’. The society that Deuce finds herself in can be best explained as ‘Little House on the Prairie’ meets the Amish and Deuce who only knows how to fight Freaks most definitely does not fit in.

The only part of the book I was disappointed in was the love triangle, mainly cause I’m sick of almost every YA book having one. The issues between Deuce and Fade could have been well played out without having Stalker thrown into the mix. However, fortunately, the book doesn’t spend an overly long time on this preferring to focus on the considerable life-threatening events that are going on at the same time.

It was interesting watching Deuce develop beyond her Enclave self, breaking long-held views on male-female interaction and discovering how to develop beyond being just a Huntress. It was also interesting watching how the people of Salvation react to her and her troubles adapting to their long-held views. Some of these were rather predictable, but others were quite surprising. The ending made me want to dive straight into the third and final book, which fortunately, is already out.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account