Review Detail

Funny Graphic Novel
(Updated: January 07, 2024)
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Olivia Wolf is back in the second book in this graphic novel series. Olivia and some of her monster friends are having a sleepover and have stayed up the entire night and are waiting for the sun to come up. Olivia hears a loud monster groan and quickly realizes that giant monsters are attacking Monstrocity. The giant monsters only come out when it's dark and one of the monsters causing havoc is called a Baby LightGuzzler who feeds on light. With the help of friends and family, Olivia Wolf saves the day.

What I Liked: The illustrations are big and bold, making this the perfect graphic novel for emerging readers. The story is action-packed and though it has "scary" creatures like werewolves and vampires it actually is quite humorous.

We get to meet the other monster parents, and they all band together to help save the day. I was happy to see more of Carter, Olivia's little brother, and hope to see more of him in the next book!

The ending left it open for another storyline to continue and I can't wait to read more in this series.

The graphic novel is available in Spanish and English and is ideal for young readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account