Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I loved: First of all, I fell in love with the design of this book. From the cover to the illustrations, it has a vintage feel with a modern story. I did not read Between the Lines so I was a little worried about jumping into this one first. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have any trouble getting into this story. I loved how seamless the different points of view were. Each character had their own struggles and triumphs and the authors managed to connect them all with ease. The themes of loyalty, friendship, sacrifice, and love were prevalent throughout the book and I got the feeling that everyone really did care about each other. Relationships seemed meaningful and valid...not just to get a "fairy tale ending."

The whole story had a classic fairy tale theme mixed with pieces of the modern world. It was funny to me how Oliver viewed high school and his surroundings in the "real world." There was plenty of humor and romance for everyone, and even some surprises along the way. I think you will find yourself rooting for even the smallest characters.

What left me wanting more: Nothing, I wanted to go back and find out how the story began so I picked up Between the Lines and added it to my TBR pile.

Final Thoughts: If you read Between the Lines, definitely read this. If you haven't read the first book, read this anyway. I think you will fall in love.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account