Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I first picked up this book after reading a wonderful review on Marissa Meyer's blog. Since I loves Meyer's Cinder, I thought I would give it shot. I am not usually big on YA romance but this one took me by surprise. The characters are entertaining and the humor moves the book a long. I finished this book in one day. A light blend of Greek mythological themes, mystery, and romance.

Emma is strong but perfect. She tends to flip flop between damsel in distress and stealthy fighter. She has her flaws, times when she acts stubborn and misjudged things. But this is what I like about her. Galen is a strong male lead and at times a little too strong and overbearing. But throughout the course of the book the reason for this becomes clear. He can be a character to love to hate and sometimes hate to love. He is fallible and has a lots of challenges to face. Can he give up what he wants most in life, sacrifice everything for the survival of his family?

Of Poseidon makes a great summer beach read. It is light and entertaining of the surface with a little mystery and intrigue below the waters. I love that the story is told from two different points of view and it was smooth transitioning between the two. A heads up- this story has a cliffhanger ending and it does leave you wanting to read the next book. Can't wait for the sequel and I know many of my female students would say the same.
Good Points
Light read- familiar character types
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account