Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks was quite an enchanting read. What a fresh new take on mermaids and a delightful cast of characters to go along with it!

Of Posiedon had a bit of a shaky start for me. The plot was interesting, but I wasn't completely hooked. This shortly changed, and I didn't want to put Of Poseidon by Anna Banks down for a moment. I loved discovering Anna Banks' take on mermaid mythology and how that influenced what would happen. I also pictured the story going a much different way, so when it was completely different, I loved it.

The story is told in alternating perspectives which I wasn't expecting, and it made me super excited when I found this out. It was fun to see the story told from both Galen and Emma's eyes.

I LOVED the characters of Of Poseidon. They were all just wonderful, and I cannot wait to see more of them in book 2. Rayna was too funny - she had so much spunk. I am super curious to see more of Toraf, as he was super fun and just an all around nice guy. Rachel was absolutely hilarious and I'm intrigued to find out more about her.

The ending was quite intense. I guessed part of the ending very early on in the book, but the other part, I never saw it coming! And basically now I need book 2 like ASAP because I need to know what is going to happen next.

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks really was a great read. It was everything I was looking for, and overall a wonderful debut. I am very curious to see what is next for Anna Banks.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account