Who can you trust?
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
Oculta follows the events of Nocturna by a few months, and we are now about to embark on the summit that Dez, the dead brother, was in the works long ago to make peace between Castallan and Englass. In this world, both countries view magic differently. One values it for everyone, while the other thinks the royals should control it. There is a lot of bad blood between Englass and Castellan, but Alfie wants to achieve his brother's dream of peace. There are a lot of twists and turns in this second book, including things I guessed and did not think about. The ending will leave you on the edge of your seat, and since it has been a while since this one was released, a reread will set you up nicely for the final book, which is due out at the end of this month.
Final Verdict:
Oculta did not suffer from second-book syndrome. I think, in some ways, it might outshine book one since it doesn't wrap things up nicely and propels you to the final book. The characters have grown and are well-defined, and the author does an incredible job of hiding things to tell the big plot twist. It's a fantastic ya fantasy not to be missed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account