N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by GirlwiththeBraids

Terra Cooper: the girl who was laughed at in the first grade, the girl constantly shielding her dads snarky comments and the stares from not only children but adults alike. In the last year of high school, after countless laser treatments and doctor visits that failed to remove her birthmark, Terra is convinced that nothing will ever change her face. Whenever there is a new product that comes along and fails, her hopes always dwindle to even less. But its not all bad! Shes tall, has a stunning body, and has natural platinum blond hair. Plus, shes got the hottest boy at school as a boyfriend. When she befriends a Goth Chinese boy, she figures out that he may know her even better than she does herself. And that this boy just may be her compass pointing to the True North of Beautiful.

Author Justina Chen Headleys writing was exhilarating but was also soft and delicate. The whole picture was seen in her direct prose but the smallest details werent left out. I think this book has the least Is ever used which is something the author should be proud of. Though, at the beginning, the scenes were sometimes a little confusing, it introduced the characters realistically. The second half of the book is what put me on the edge of my comfy blue recliner because thats where the characters start growing and changing their ways. Many people have said this but this book was beautiful. And sweet. And educational, in more ways than one.

Contains: *sensuality

For more book reviews and info, visit my blog, www.readingtomyself.blogspot.com!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account