Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Give me a sinister tale full of twisty turns and I'm hooked. This book really did pull me into the lives of Tommy, Finn, Silence, and Annie. I kept visualizing this creepy teen movie that has music playing in the background telegraphing danger is near. I couldn't stop reading! I knew something sinister was brewing underneath the surface and boy oh boy was there. This is definitely a cautionary tale. One that just might have you questioning that crazy relative that is always telling wild stories that everyone dismisses. After reading this book, you might just start to pay attention.
I can't recommend this story enough. But once you start reading, you better buckle up buttercup because you are in for the long haul. And you can forget about sleep! Even after the story concludes. I know I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight.
And if you have ever seen that movie, "The Visit" by M. Night, use that as a reference point. One reviewer had it right, this is definitely some "Flowers in the Attic" (insert word).
On a sweet note, I did enjoy the romance element too. I loved that it wasn't the insta love but rather a slow sweet realistic build from friendship to love. It really pulled at my heart. :)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account