Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to say I am not really sure how I feel about this book. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with it I guess you could say. I am just left very undecided. I did find myself wanting to keep reading and see what happened. I was curious as to where the story would head. However I really did not find myself having a connection with the characters like I usually do and I really can't pinpoint why. Not that I didn't care what would happen to them because I obviously did hence the reason I kept reading.

I will definitely read other things Kristin Halbrook writes. It think her writing is great. We find out so much about the characters Will and Zoe and their traumatic pasts. It is a heartbreaking story of two teenagers who are on the run from their past and along the way they make many mistakes. Their ultimate goal is to have a better life together. Will is in a group home and Zoe is abused by her father and her mother passed away. They go on the run trying to reach Vegas and start a life together. I had a bit of a problem with this seeing as Zoe is 15 and Will is 18. Will has the best intentions to get her away from her abusive father, show her what love really is and take care of her. He just doesn't seem to go about it the right way.

I really was much more into it during the second half of the book. The ups and downs these two go through were heartbreaking. The ending was a huge shock to me. I really did not see it going that way!! If anything I would recommend you read this book just for the shock the ending will give you. All in all it was a quick, heartbreaking, good read with a few flaws. But nothing that I couldn't overlook or that stopped me from wondering and speculating what would happen next.

Review originally posted on my bog: http://www.ramblingsofabooknerd.com/2013/02/review-nobody-but-us-by-kristin-halbrook.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account