Fairytales are not always just fairytales
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
Never a Hero is the second book in the Only a Monster Trilogy; I was wary of starting it as it is a second book, and we all know second books, while they add to the overall story, they seem to be a bit on the humdrum side of things. Never a Hero is any of that; Nick and Joan have a lot of anguish and tension as they come to terms with the issues from book one. Joan is from a family of monsters and has been told never to tell humans about monsters. That rule has been broken, and now she changed the timeline so that everyone killed by Nick has survived, but will she survive the new timeline and the truths she uncovers about her true family?
Final Verdict:
Joan learns a lot about her true family, the cost of changing the timeline, and of course, even more about who monsters are and what they believe. Never a Hero is based around stories that demons have been told about heroes, powers, and founding families, and it all gets turned on its head by the end of this sequel. I am eager to see what we uncover in book three now that all has been revealed, or has it?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account