Review Detail

5.0 2
Young Adult Fiction 299
My Brother Sam is Dead review
My Brother Sam is Dead is a challenged book I read for my ELA class, and if I am being completely honest, I liked it. I really like the setting with how long ago the book takes place and the more crude and somewhat dark tone. The characters are not the greatest in this book, however, I will say that I didn't hate any character in this book. However, despite the fact that the book has a more crude tone, I like the fact that Sam is such a nice sophisticated boy. How he calls his dad father and does admittedly take a long time to lose their patients should clash with a book about war however, it fits the tone perfectly as this kid is (SPOILER ALERT) going to have to deal with the civil war and for such a nice character like Sam, it isn't going to be easy for him to deal with and experience. Does Sam actually survive the war? Does Sam watch the war or fight in the war? Read the book for yourself to find out. My Brother Sam is Dead is nothing special in my opinion but it is still a good choice for someone to read, as long as they aren't too young
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account