Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
My Beating Teenage Heart is one of those books that keeps you guessing through a good portion of the story. You get a good feel of the characters and the plot is pretty easy to follow, but there’s still just some loose ends in the story that makes you wonder about what is really going on - or who a character really is. For me, I think that was the biggest hook of this novel.

Ashlyn and Breckon are both great characters, both dealing with their own issues that immediately sucks you in. Ashlyn is obviously stuck in this in-between place, where she’s tied to Breckon yet doesn’t understand why. Breckon is dealing with the grief and guilt that comes along with losing his sister. It’s not hard to understand exactly where his emotions come from, even if it’s a little difficult to empathize with the way that he actually deals with those emotions.

Patience is the key with this book. At first glance this story may seem like something that’s been done a few times before, but as you continue reading it most definitely becomes a whole lot more than what you may have expected. Clues to questions you may have while reading are slowly revealed and somehow wrap up cleanly at the end with no questions unanswered - and even a few tears when everything is completely revealed.

The writing is mesmerizing, as are the characters that will quickly win you over. This story isn’t exactly the happiest through and through, but ends on its own note of happily ever after with a message of hope and, more importantly, forgiveness. This book comes with the highest of recommendations from me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account