Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Edward Tulane is a distinguished, but vain, china rabbit. Edward’s girl Abilene loves him and he loves her right back. When Edward’s perfect life takes a turn for the worse, he learns there is more to life than trinkets and fine clothes.

I really love Kate DiCamillo. Her book ‘Because of Winn Dixie’ is one of my favorites. I only recently heard of ‘Edward Tulane’. As soon I found out it is a story about a vain stuffed rabbit, I had to read it.

The people Edward meets along his journey all have hard luck stories. Along Edward’s travels and with every new person he meets, Edward learns a lot about himself and the world around him. He bonds with all the people he travels with and helps fill a void in each and every one of them. In this Edward learns humility.

This book absolutely gave me all the feels. Nellie, Bull & Lucy, and especially Bryce and his sister’s stories all pulled at my heartstrings. This book isn’t just for kids. This book is for everyone. It is amazing, beautiful, warm, and heart wrenching. The amazing illustrations added to the warm fuzzy feeling I got from this book. You must not only read this book, you must get everyone you know to read it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account