N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
"The moon cannot enslave the sun, nor make the day its mistress."

I absolutely loved this dark yet playful romp through an ancient Japanese-like fantasy culture. As an anime fan and gamer, I found this YA tale refreshing and somewhat original when compared to the other coming-of-age adventure stories out there at present. Especially the use of Seishen, animal companions that are tied to a burner's soul.

"As far as I'm concerned, the world is better off without burners in it. Maybe this is our fate. What we have become. Let us slaughter each other and leave the world better off without us."

The story follows Kai, a moonburner, and her sassy, snarky seishen, a silver fox named Quitsu. Together, they unravel a sinister plot that could mean the end to her and her enemy's kind--the burners. Lies and betrayals form a path for Kai until the truth "burns" for release. And, when it does, it sets the world on its side.

"Or victory shall spell defeat, a crimson sky its auspice. The sun and moon must shine as one, or all will be undone."

Filled with harrowing battles, trials of friendship, hilarious dialogue, and the dangers of falling in love, Moonburner is sure to thrill to the very last page. Claire Luana's writing is vivid and her world is beautifully imagined. And, seriously, I can't get enough of Quitsu!

Highly recommended.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account