N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amy Ward

Have you ever wanted to just forget the past, start clean?  Or reinvent yourself?  This is what happens to Naomi when she falls down the steps at her high school.  She doesn't remember her friends, her boyfriend, basically the last four years of her life.  Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin is a truly entertaining and moving story.  It's shocking the things that Naomi forgets and then has to learn all over again.  Secrets about her family, secrets about her friends.  It all becomes a little easier after she meets James, a lost soul like herself.  But James has some big secrets in his past too.  Secrets big enough to keep them apart.  And what about Will, Naomi's best friend?  What is he hiding?  Read to find out!

I really enjoyed this book.  I had been wanting to read it forever and it was worth the wait.  Naomi is a sympathetic character but not perfect.  I like characters that are flawed.  It is true to real life.  Naomi doesn't make the best decisions but that is also true to real life.  I also love Will, her best friend.  The supporting characters, including James, add a lot of depth and emotion to the story.  It wouldn't be the same book without them.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account