N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Magical Dog Helps Transcend Today’s Tough Problems:

First of Franklin Bean Storybooks Enchants and Transforms Lives for Kids (and The Adults Who Love Them!)

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., Aug. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Get ready for a world of adventure with the beloved Boston Terrier whose magical powers come to life in the first of his superhero series, Meet Franklin Bean.

This new children’s book tells the story of how ten-year-old John transforms his worries over his mom’s lost job, their move to a new town, and making friends with the bullies at school with the influence and inspiration from his new adopted friend, Franklin Bean.

Talking only to children and concealing his secret identity, the young pup fulfills his mission to turn human tears into smiles by performing superhuman feats.

What else is magical, according to first-time author Emmy Swain, is the level of engagement the book is enjoying.

Feedback from Barnes&Noble.com http://bit.ly/qqeA12 confirms it’s not just kids who love Franklin Bean.

“My grandkids have ADHD and find Meet Franklin Bean riveting. Where he disappears to and what he’s up to next keeps them guessing.”

“We just read this book together … I’m not sure who loves it more—me, my daughter, or husband. Hysterical.”

“This could be one of those books you read over and over.”

Modeled after Swain’s own dog, Franklin Bean’s uncanny abilities come from good stock. Real-life dad Dale made news when he dug up an Indian Spearhead (circa 8,000 B.C.) in her backyard.

“Franklin Bean storybooks are created to be lean forward experiences, encouraging children to actively relate the characters’ situations to their real-world,” Swain says. “Intuitively, the words and illustrations reach into the readers’ imaginations, where real learning takes place. Choice allows them to craft their own story.

“That’s the beauty of Franklin Bean’s magic … new possibilities emerge.”

A portion of book sales goes to Operation Smile. [http://www.operationsmile.org]

Whose life will the adorable Franklin Bean touch next? Find out at www.FranklinBean.com
Good Points
Taken from reviews: I especially like the way adults are treated in this book. They are respected and an important part of the story, unlike many books I have recently read. I also like John’s polite, respectful character, and how he wants to help meet his family’s needs.~

“I don’t have children myself, but I’m a huge advocate of encouraging kids to fall in love with books. Therefore, I try to set aside some time each week to spend reading to children. Meet Franklin Bean is a story that completely lights up a child’s face when read. It contains valuable lessons that deal with responsibility, bullying, manners, and friendship, among other topics. The artwork contained within is also excellent, and translates quite well to the e-reader platform. I highly recommend this educational, entertaining story.” ~

Franklin Bean gives the reader lessons on life and how anyone reading this book, whether young or old, can learn something new. This book is appropriate from Kindergarten-4th grade….but it wouldn’t hurt middle schoolers to read this so they treat others better. I am a retired elementary teacher and a grandmother. I read this book and sent it on to my grandchildren hoping they learn how to treat others and each other. I highly recommend this book to parents, children, and teachers.Franklin Bean gives the reader lessons on life and how anyone reading this book, whether young or old, can learn something new. This book is appropriate from Kindergarten-4th grade….but it wouldn’t hurt middle schoolers to read this so they treat others better. I am a retired elementary teacher and a grandmother. I read this book and sent it on to my grandchildren hoping they learn how to treat others and each other. I highly recommend this book to parents, children, and teachers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
December 28, 2011
Meet Franklin Bean deals with some of the problems in our society in a positive way. The author really has a good idea what is going on with children and I just loved this book. I bought Kindles for my twin grandchildren and Meet Franklin Bean was the first book loaded for them to read after Christmas. The story is so encouraging.
1 results - showing 1 - 1