Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I heard so many great things about this novel, but was hesitant that it would be too similar to all the other Dystopian novels I have read.

True,Matched's dystopian society is similar to others. A world where information is controlled- everything is controlled. The government tells its citizens who they marry, when they marry, where they work, when to have children. It even plans the exact day of their deaths. Society has truncated all the arts into what can be called the top 100. (100 songs, 100 poems, etc)

What I love about this particular novel is how instantly I felt connected to the characters from Cassia and Ky to the parents and other adults in the novel. Matched romantic elements do not seem forced or overly dramatic. In some instances it is a simplistic telling with hints of Romeo and Juliet while adding its own dystopian twists. The novel also allows its characters to have doubts about the society. Not only do characters question if their government but they deal with understanding the consequences of going against the government. Even though they may know the government is controlling too much of their world, are they will to sacrifice their current world for one with hardships, disease, and unpredictability.

Compared to other Dystopian novels this book is fair but highly enjoyable for a lighter read.I am looking forward to reading the sequel, Crossed, which was recently released. Fans of the Dystopian genre should read Matched.
Good Points
Easy read
Instantly love characters
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account