Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Before I read this book, if someone mentioned contemporary to me, I was always like, "meh." But then Stephanie Perkins opened my eyes with Lola!!!

I loved this book! It was light-hearted and full of fun and romance. I'm not one for the tear fest kind of books, so I love that this is a real-life story without all the death and abuse and what not. It was fun and I read it in one sitting.

I really enjoyed Lola--she's spunky and unique. Her sense of fashion is out of this world, and reading about her "costumes" was one of the best parts of the book. Lola was vulnerable and open to disappointment, and I really felt for her when her heart was broken. But even better, I wanted to cheer for her when she picked herself back up.

And Cricket....he just couldn't get any more cute! He's the kind of guy that does something nice and everyone around says, "ah!" Just thinking about him right now makes me tilt my head to the side and smile. He's so caring, and the things he does are different and sweet.

This was such a great book...if more contemporaries were like this, I'd read more of them!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account