Review Detail

4.9 7
Young Adult Fiction 260
An amazing story about a boat, a boy and a tiger.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After a tragic shipwreck, a solitary lifeboat is left at the mercy of the wild blue waters of the Pacific. The only survivors are a sixteen-year-old boy named Pi, a zebra with a broken leg, a hyena, an orang-utan - and a 450-pound Royal Bengal tiger. Pi must survive the extremes, fierce thunderstorms, the blazing sun, lack of food, the continuous battle for water, and to survive what no other person has before, to live with a tiger on a lifeboat.

I reckon that this has to be one of my favourite books ever. The story is so outrageous that it seems real. I'm not sure how that is possible, but it is. A few of my friends thought that the story was true, which just proves how well this book was written. It is one of the best examples of courage, belief, wonder and hope.

I normally don't like this type of writing style, a recount with references to the past and future, but in this book, it was done so well that I fell in love with it. How the author writes like Pi recounting his life is amazing, and this way, you can feel the true power of Pi's journey.

I thought that the island was slightly disturbing, but without the island, you know that Pi would of died. Having a carnivorous island with millions of meerkats was so creative, I wouldn't of come up with anything like it (especially the meerkat part).

This book is truly a marvel of creation, it brings light to the darkness, and gives hope to those in need.
Good Points
-This story is so different to anything I have read. It is so unique!!
-The ending gets you thinking really deeply about what is the truth
-Changes your view on survival, and allows you to truly see what horrible things people survive
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account