N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amanda Wade

"Don't think, don't judge, just listen"  I loved that quote from the book and it's something that I wish more people would do. In 'Just Listen' Annabel was almost raped at a party she went to and her own friend Sophie didn't even try to listen to what had happened. The whole year Annabel just went through the whole year at school with all the rumors and everyone ignoring her or talking about her. She didn't say anything. I can also get that, I get why she didn't say anything not even to her family. Because she was scared, it's not an easy thing to say. And because there was all those things happening with her sisters. And she was sure that no one would actually listen.
Then she met Owen, who always told the truth. He wouldn't say things just to be mean or just to say them but if you asked him, he would tell you the truth. I really liked Owen. The way he just told the truth without hiding anything, just the whole truth and nothing but the truth, even if he didn't really want to all the time was refreshing for me.
In the book there was another thing that stuck with me. It was after Owen asked how Annabel's family could tell when something was wrong with her and she had thought 'They can't'. That for me really stuck with me too because that's the same for me sometimes. Sometimes no one can tell if you have a problem, even if they're you're family.
All in all I really loved the this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account