Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Ooh, INSOMNIA was one of those books that pulled me right in. I love the premise of a teen who 'watches' others dreams. High school junior Parker Chipp hasn't slept in four years. After he makes eye contact with someone, he ends up being transported into their dreams. He knows he's 'losing' it. Then he enters the dreams of new student Mia and for once he can sleep. He can't get enough.

What's really great about this novel is the author shows how Parker's insomnia starts him questioning his sanity. I totally loved how she shows Parker's addiction to the one girl that helps him finally sleep. This turns into a crazy obsession. He can't get enough of her. Then he sees a dark shadow that might in fact be him.

Creepy, spooky tale with an unique twist. Parker's not sure if he's going insane and we're not sure either. Also a big plus is the other characters. His best friend Flinn, with the quote of the day t-shirts and wicked humor, balances out the seriousness of Parker. Flinn's also there when others including Parker's mother start to worry that Parker is involved in drugs. Addie, is the girl next door, who might become something much more.

There's a huge hint that there might be another book in this series which might answer some questions like who are the night watchers? What really happened to Parker's father? And who's that mysterious guy dressed in black that seems to follow Parker?

A great new series for fans of horror and the paranormal.
Good Points
1. Creepy, good tale with a haunting twist
2. What's real? Author does fab job of showing a break in reality
3. Loved supporting characters too
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account