Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This...is a really hard review to write.

I utterly adore this series. It's kind of seeped into my life, really. In the past couple of years since I began this trilogy, I've wanted to wallpaper my room with the covers. I've named my Kindle after the main character in the first book. Hourglass is my go to recommendation for people who want books. I've connected with the characters in this book in such an intense way, that I think I'm kind of in denial that this series is over.

To say the least, I absolutely loved this book.

Myra's writing never fails me and it was, again, engaging and really drew me in. She still had that same, fantastic banter between the characters and the book was full of sarcastic one liners that made me grin. Their inner thoughts really enabled them to jump off the page. In Infinityglass, if you haven't heard, there are two narrators. Both of them were fantastic and very much their own person with their own voice.

Then the characters themselves. Dune and Hallie were two very different characters. Dune was sweet and patient and came from this wonderful support system that was more of a family. Hallie was sharp and jaded and overprotected as she grew up. Both characters had these aspects that made me connect with them right from the get go. And as a couple, they were a team. I think that's the best way to describe it. It really felt like they were working together and improving each other and it was all incredibly sweet and swoony.

And I can't not write about the nerdtastic references all throughout this book. Monty Python, a number of Doctor Who mentions, Sega Genesis...it was like a nerdy paradise. Each reference made me giggle a little bit because they're subtle or small but they're very much there and you know that it shows a little bit about Myra and a little bit about the characters and a little bit about the reader who catches them.

Infinityglass also has this wonderful balance of older characters we already love to go with Hallie and Dune. There's a healthy dose of my beloved Michael, Emerson, Kaleb, and Lily. Poe and Ava and Nate and Clarissa rounded out the little crew that was so important to the book. I loved getting to see so much of characters I already loved and so much more of characters that we barely knew before.

And while it sounds like this book must be incredibly full...it wasn't. It was a remarkable balance of old characters and new, the series arc and the individual story's arc, a new relationship and some reminders of old ones. It's one of the best examples of a final book in a series I can think of. The fact that I actually finished the series is enough to be amazed over, because it's incredibly rare that I finish a series. When I do, it's a pretty good sign of how lovely those books are.

I love this series, I truly do, and if I haven't yet convinced you to read this series, I may not be cut out to be a reviewer. Or maybe it's just because I lack the words to do it justice. But this seriously is one of my absolutely favorite series. It got me fascinated by time travel and hooked on Doctor Who. It makes me smile and grin and squeal and nearly throw my phone as I was trying to finish this book at 3:30 in the morning. Myra's writing is always enthralling and magical and just oh so wonderful and I'm going to sit here in a ball and rock back and forth until I can get my hands on more of Myra's writing, even if it's just a grocery list to hold me over.

Seriously. Please. If you haven't started this series, I hope you weren't spoiled (but why were you reading this???), and now is the time to fix that. And if you've been eagerly waiting for Infinityglass too, I promise it won't disappoint.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account