Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 715
A beautiful story that pulls at your heartstrings.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Indivisible is a raw and heart wrenching story, one that is important for everyone to read . It is a fantastic book about immigration, family, friends, racism, and strength of the human spirit.

Indivisible is an immersive read where the reader feels every emotion with each turn of the page. I caught myself tearing up throughout the book and I am sure I’m not the only one. My heart broke for Matteo and Sophie. Life throws them hard punches with ever turn and they keep getting knocked down again and again. The writing made me feel every heartbreak, every feeling of loneliness, every sensation of anxiety. It’s hard not to emotionally connect with Matteo while he is trying to navigate school,family, helping his little sister, and his friends. It’s hard not to feel the sweat on your palms and the heart beat pounding with every knock on Matteo’s door, each phone call, each new question that pops up.

Indivisible is an excellent way to explore the immigration system, undocumented immigrants, and the American society in all its nuances. The story goes to the heart of the issues and puts people front and center.

This is a must read. Highly recommend.
Good Points
Real and timely
Emotional page turner
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account