Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
If you've followed my blog for awhile, you will know that this is my first review about a book with fairies. I don't normally like fairies, but I saw the cover for this one and decided I wanted to read it... (Yes I know its a bad habit lol) But overall, it wasn't a terrible read. There were some things I was annoyed at, but it wasn't bad enough for me to swear off the rest of the series.
One thing I was a little unnerved about was the use of unnecessary facts. I call that "fluff." They are fillers to make the book longer. For example, "She got up, wincing around an old injury of two broken toes..." I just didn't see the relevance to the rest of the story. It was just something I could do without. Now if that were the only time, I would have been ok with that, but it was throughout the ENTIRE story.
Another thing I didn't like was the choppy writing style. I'm not sure if it was because this was an e-ARC or what, but there weren't any chapter markers and it was driving me insane. I was confused whenever they jumped from subject to subject. I felt like it was just all over the place. It was a lot to process.
What I did like was the way it jumped right into the action. There was honestly never a dull moment in the book. It kept me going and worried about what would happen next. I just wish the creepy parts were a bit more creepy.
Overall, I'm happy I decided to pick up this book. It really opened up my world to a different genre. But there were some things I wish I could change.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account