Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
In the After, the debut novel, by Demitria Lunetta is stunning, terrifying and completely thrilling. Amy is stuck at home while both her parents are out when the world is attacked and her life is turned upside down. She has to learn how to relive her life so she can survive these new beings. At first, she has glimpses to the outside world and then the television goes. And then she runs out of food, and has to make changes to the life she knew without being killed by Them.

The suspense in this book felt real. At first, I thought things would be super cheesy- especially with a character named Baby. But no, I was genuinely intrigued and pulled into the world Demitria created. Every scene felt so believable, so much that I was there. Until Amy came to New Hope. I had SO many questions. I needed to more about the background of this place. This could be a great stand alone, but I’m hoping there’s more. I need more answers as to how things got the way they did. I need to know more about Amy’s mom and Baby too!

Overall, this was a great debut book and even though it left me thirsty for more, it was a satisfying read filled with all the great elements of a dystopian.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account