Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie growing up, so I was so excited to read this book and I was not disappointed. HUNTED was a spellbinding, beautifully crafted book that stuck to the main elements of the traditional tale, but with a few new added twists.

Yeva, also known as Beauty by her family, isn't your typical dainty girl. She's a fearsome hunter, just like her father. After losing his fortune, he moves his family back to the woods and starts going on and on about a beast. Everyone thinks he's gone mad because of the loss. When he goes missing, Yeva's the only one in her family who can track him down. That's when she discovers the beast.

I loved that she was terrified of the beast at first. Yeva reacted how anyone would at being imprisoned by a beast. I do wish there was a little more romance and it was a bit slow to pick up, but I loved the insights to the beast's thoughts. It made me like him even more and proved there was more to him than just an animalistic manner.

Final Verdict: HUNTED was an excellent retelling of Beauty and the Beast and any fans of the classic fairytales will enjoy this book. It is a little slow, but worth the wait for when it picks up.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account