N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by rachpaige11

How to be popular, it was an okay book. I liked it but it was just the same, girl has crush on popular boy, tries to get him and fails, or conquers, then realizes she is in love with her best friend. Happily ever after! That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means that its clich'ed, though I must say it is at least a little bit different. I will say I liked it.

Steph Landry has spent her whole life (well since six grade, but who remembers life before then) unpopular, taking insults from queen bee Lauren Moffat, who coined the phrase, " Way to pull a steph landry", without standing up for herself. She spends her days with best friend Jason ( who is hot after a summer abroad, but still an outcast), and Becca ( also known as the dumb farm girl though she isn't dumb and doesn't own a farm anymore). While helping clear Jason's grandma's attic she comes across a book, " How to be Popular". She decides to take back her name, and Lauren's boyfriend Mark's heart with it.

If you like these predictible girly " girl gets the boy" books,well I would recommend it. It was actually pretty good despite all my cynicism.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account