Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Hooked is exactly the right title for this one, because hooked is what I was from page one on. Liz Fichera has written a masterpiece about the troubles of high school, acceptance, and how to be yourself.

Hooked is a complete story of opposites. There are essentially two different worlds that the characters have known. Fred knows life on the reservation and Ryan knows his privileged life off the res. Both characters have so much to learn about the other and the lives they had led. There were so many great moments between Fred and Ryan - both on and off the golf course.

I loved Liz Fichera's choice in golf. It is a different sport that doesn't usually get focused in on, so it was fresh and new. I also just loved her writing. It is simply gorgeous.

The chemistry between Fred and Ryan was there from the start. I loved that they had their problems to work through and really had to commit to build their relationship. The prejudices and stereotypes of society play a large role into the problems in the basis of their relationship. The minor characters in the book really come to the forefront with Liz Fichera's great characterization. I loved Mr. Trueblood and Mr. Oday, I think they were my favorite two minor characters of the book.

The ending was one aspect of Hooked that left me wanting more. The entire story had a nice build up and I felt like the ending was just a little short. I wanted to know just a few more details on how some events were going to play out.

Hooked by Liz Fichera was just spectacular. I only put it down when I absolutely had to and when I did, I was constantly trying to find another chance to pick it back up. Liz Fichera is an author to watch and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account