Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
In Hollow City, Jacob and his peculiar friends embark on a journey to save their ymbryne, Miss Peregrine, from the wights and their hollows. They will meet other peculiar on their way who will helped them or will need help from them.

It was worth the wait to read the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children after two years. I liked how it picked up right after book one ended, after the peculiar children started roaring towards safety. Like the first book is magnificently descriptive and the used of vintage photographs (again) make it into another original and vivid tale. It's so realistic and imaginative, how the photographs create and empowered the story. It contained some aspects the first book didn't which was a plus. In the part when they are in London and are witnessing everything that is happening (the horrors of World War II) like ghost stuck on the past, it so sad, what they have to endured. The pictures of it are so terribly sad (the kid in the stroller crying :(. )They had me close to tears.
I loved the ending, so powerful. It had me thinking about the hollows, how they seems to be the pain taking form, and those who can control the pain are able to see them like Jacob and his grandfather.

"Don't fight the pain, that's the key. It's telling you something. Welcome it, let it speak to you. The pain says: Hello, I am not other than you; I am of the hollow, but I am you also."

A page turner and I 'm eagerly waiting for the next book in the series. Ransom Riggs has done it again. Excellent. 4.5 Stars
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account