Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Let's continue the Year of Bad Assery with assassin nuns. Yes, you heard me right. Assassin. Nuns. Why do I have to say more?

I mean, I will, but I really can't say much more as I read this book in...um...May. You can probably tell it's not even close to May anymore.

I LOVED Ismae. Clever and tough and intelligent. She's dropped into court life after living in a convent, of course good things will happen...for readers anyway. Not so much for Ismae. But she didn't let the royalty get in the way of her mission. The games of court did get to her at times, but she didn't become an air head, so props to her.

The action is fantastic and easy to find. I mean...she IS an assassin after all. And R.L. LaFevers really knows how to write a story. Grave Mercy is a huge book, but I was never bored. I didn't speed through it, but I savored and enjoyed the tension and the action and, obviously, the romance. I was utterly swept away by this monster of a book.

Romance, action, death, royalty, assassin nuns...really what more do you want from a book? Seriously, go pick it up and then you can anxiously wait for Dark Triumph with me except you only have to wait like 3 or 4 more months, so really. Go. Now.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account