Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After reading Hemlock, I find myself stuck in Limbo, not really able to decide how I feel about it. I am not particularly fond of werewolves, but after seeing the gorgeous cover, I was hoping that this book would change my mind.

What did I like about it?

There was great imagery in the transition from man/woman to wolf. I found it interesting how Kathleen Peacock described the doubling over and snapping of bones. I really liked this idea versus Stephenie Meyer’s snap your fingers and bada bing you’re a wolf description. This just seems so much more realistic, the fact that shapeshifting can be painful and ugly. I think she did a great job of using this idea the transformation to symbolize how the lupine disease can strangle you from the inside.

I really like Kyle, one of Mac’s love interests. He seems very genuine with a hint of I’ll-kick-your-butt if you cross me. He was definitely the most believable of the characters, and I would probably read book 2 just to see what happens with him in the future.

Amy is haunting Mac’s dreams, and I can’t tell if it is actually a haunting or just Mac’s subconscious going wacky. Either way, her dreams are very intense, and I think they were my favorite part of the book.

The ending….peeked my interest just enough for me to wonder what’s to come in the next installment.

What disappointed me?

The romance was very bland, and since romance is the part of books that I really LOVE to read, it disappointed me that this love triangle was so anticlimactic. It was very wishy-washy, back and forth, and I got to the point where I wanted to thump Mac…hard.

There were parts of the plot that were slow and predictable. I wanted something to really make me say, “No way,” but that point never came.

So…I’ll leave you with a few answered q’s:

Did I enjoy reading it? There were times I was reading because I wanted to know more and other times I was reading to get to the end.

Will I read the sequel? Probably, especially if the cover is awesome. Plus, I want to find out about the Amy hauntings.

Would I recommend this book? To those who like werewolves, if you are like me and even dislike Jacob, you might find this book is not for you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account