Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The first thing that caught my eye about Happily Never After is the setting. It's set in this amazing Georgia town. You may know of Savannah, Georgia. I could not believe the author was not from Savannah because she did such a great job describing its quirky atmosphere.

If you are expecting a traditional fairy tale retelling, you may be a bit disappointed. Yes, there are obvious similarities between Happily Never After and Cinderella. However, the author really gives it a spooky paranormal spin. I loved the ghost hunting aspect (which can be found on every corner in Savannah just about) and the freaky haunted house.

I wasn't overly impressed with the characters because the book was so short. What I did enjoy, though, was the plot. It was just the right amount of creepy ghost story paired with a smidge of Cinderella. The villains were enough to make your blood boil.. especially the awful stepsister. Ugh!

I have to say the majority of the book was pretty straight forward and predictable. I even figured out the ending prior to the epilogue. I can say though that I was a bit surprised to see this is a series. It should be interesting to see what happens as the series continues. Plenty of doors were left open and I hope our dear Quinn gets her happily ever after.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account