Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Thank you Goodreads First Reads for my review copy! (I actually won! Yay!)

I was intrigued with the blurb of Halflings--I kind of got tired of angel books, but this one sounded interesting so I figured I would give it a try.

Personally, I was not a huge fan of the book because I like the romance to be a bit more steamy. However, I would recommend this to a middle school audience--after all, as a teacher, I always had female students asking about paranormal books that were appropriate for them. I believe they really would have enjoyed this book.

There was a love triangle in the story--which, no matter how cliche, I always find fun. I really enjoyed Raven (the bad boy)--it wasn't just his name taht was intriguing. It was fun watching Nikki turn him on his heels. Then there's Mace--I love his name, too! He's sweet and you're typical opposite of bad boy. I won't say anything else because of spoilers.

There were points in the story that dragged, and I felt like it needed more action to weave the plot together.

Truthfully, I won't read the sequel, but I do believe a younger audience would be captivated by it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account