Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love, love, LOVED The Goddess Test. It was one of the very first ARC's I received, and I raced right out and bought myself a copy soon as it came out in stores. It took me a little longer to get to the second one, because I just don't keep up on series the way I wish I could. (Jamie has a post over at The Perpetual Page-Turner that pretty much sums up my entire problem.)

Once I did though, I flew straight through it in a matter of hours. These books are such nice vacation reads because they're lightweight paperbacks and aren't too difficult - but they still have a lot of issues that make you think. Right at first I was a little lost getting back into it, probably because of my issues with series, and I kinda skipped Goddess Hunt (the short story released between the two). But once I got into it, the action was fast paced, and the twists and turns kept me intrigued through the end.

I have to say, I had some issues early on with representation of the characters. Hera is the goddess of fidelity after all. She shouldn't be getting her panties in a wad over Henry! Not that I blame her, and all, but being faithful is kinda her thing. But then, once it was explained, I started kicking myself. Carter makes even the parts that make the least sense make the MOST sense by the end, and I absolutely love that!

Add to that the teaser at the very end and I'm just itching to get my hands on the next book!
Good Points
Fast, easy read
Great tension between Henry and Kate
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account