Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A dystopian world where people have super powers?! What’s not to love?! Here you’ve got an underground world where people are basically controlled by the Link network to the point where they’re just like robots living beside one another. Then glitches start happening to certain people and they discover what emotions are and all the lies the Community has told. Now they have to figure out how to overthrow the Community, find others like them, and help save their world.

It started off pretty slow, as Zoe comes to terms with glitching and is introduced to the secrets, lies, and truths within her world. Eventually, things pick up as she learns of others who glitch too, and once she realizes who is out to get her, then the real action begins. It’s the characters that really drive the story along, learning about their powers, seeing them use it, and their significance to the plot was what kept me interested.
I didn’t really care so much for the love story though. Although I can see how Adrien could fall for Zoe, and I really like him as a character, I didn’t really believe in their relationship. From Zoe’s standpoint, it was a bit rushed and underdeveloped, which didn’t give me strong feelings for them as a couple. I really liked Zoe as the protagonist though.

Sure she was a bit clueless at the beginning, kind of on the fence about whether or glitch or conform, but eventually she learns and grows as a character and becomes quite a force to reckon with.

It was a bit predictable but there were some surprises along the way. Although reminiscent to a few dystopians out there like Delirium or Under the Never Sky, it stands on its own with its intriguing characters and has great promise. I’m eager to see where the author takes the story to next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account