Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’ve been hearing a lot of great reviews about this book that’s why I decided to request an e-ARC of the US Edition of the book over at Edelweiss.

I’ve always been a fan of nerdy, geeky and dorky type of characters. I’ve been drawn to them because I, personally, am a geek. I really enjoyed reading this book! Upon finishing the first chapter, I immediately marked this book as my one of my favorites!

This book is about a geeky girl named Harriet Manners, who’s being constantly bullied at school, until one day, she got an opportunity to become a model. Except that was supposed to be her best friend, Nat’s opportunity.

Harriet Manners is my soulmate. I could definitely relate to her in every single way. It’s not hard to like her character. It’s very much adorkable! I love how she sometimes blabbers some things that are trivial and like, no person would throw in a casual conversation.

I also liked Harriet’s dad. He’s really funny and carefree. I liked his relationship with Harriet because it reminded me so much of my relationship with my Dad. Annabel’s character, on the other hand, I didn’t like that much until I’ve reached a few chapters towards the end of the book. I just found her character to be very much controlling, but hey, she’s just doing her best as a Mom so I learned to cut her some slack throughout the book. Nat, Harriet’s best friend, was an interesting character. Although, I wish I’d seen more of her. Toby was interesting too, but a bit creepy, I’d say but like, in a really funny way. He’s a self-confessed Harriet-stalker. It’s really funny. I love the way Nick’s character was presented in the story. Yes, he’s the love interest, but it wasn’t rubbed in the story in such way that will make you lose interest in him and like roll your eyes and just feel so meh. It’s very interesting how little of him was described in the story which made his character a bit mysterious. I just love how his chemistry with Harriet wasn’t forced at all. It’s very natural and yes, super adorable!!

I have to say that Alexa’s character was very much well-written because I wanted so much to be the one who cut her hair. I swear to god that girl. Hahaha! Well, that just shows how Holly Smale writes effectively.

The book was definitely a page-turner. It’s light, funny and enjoyable! Although, there were some scenes where I did feel really sad but hey, still a happy ending!

I absolutely loved this book so much that I want to jump in immediately into reading the next one!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account