Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin was an absolutely delightful read. I had too much fun reading it. While Kelsey and I had very different freshman years, Meredith Zeitlin really manages to capture what its like to be a teen and go through the awkward stage where you really aren’t sure about life.

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters has so much charm. There was a perfect blend of funny scenes, with the touching moments between friends. It was so much fun to follow Kelsey through her school year, as she was always getting into something. The scenes with Kelsey’s mom were too fun and some of my favorites of the book; poor Kelsey with all the ugly clothes her mom forced upon her and all the odd scenarios.

The characters completely sold this book. Kelsey was such a fab character. She was so snarky and funny, and honestly brought me right back to my freshman year. Now, we definitely had very different experiences. Kelsey lives in New York, and lives a bit more adventurous life than I did, but there was a lot of sameness, the same sameness I think so many people can connect with. I love Newspaper Guy. He was too funny. JoJo, Em, and Cassidy were a fabulous trio and you really can’t ask for better friends.

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters was a strong debut from Meredith Zeitlin and I am very curious to see what is next for her! Kelsey Finkelstein is one quirky character who had a fabulous tale to tell.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account