Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Julia M.

Forever in Blue Review

Four best friends are spending one last summer together after high school, but the perfect summer they planned turner out to be filled with drama, and anything but relaxing. Written by Anne Brashares, this book has a genre of realistic fiction and the point of view is in third person. The book starts off with the four girls packing for their separate trips, and they are solemn about the thought that it is their last summer together and they arent even going to see each other. The plot then moves to Bridget in Turkey and how she is falling for another man and hes married. Tibby and Lena also struggle with relationships while Carmen is off at a performing arts class, trying to discover herself. The climax is when Kostos, Lenas ex-boyfriend, reappears from Greece to America, unexpectedly, just as Lena starts to get over him. In the end all the problems are resolved but youd have to read the book to find out the details.
Maybe because it was the fourth book in the series or possibly because the author had trouble starting the story, but I thought the slow beginning of this book was inexcusable. In the start of the book the story crept along at a painfully slow crawl, and at times I wanted to put the book down, but Im glad I persisted with the story. It turned out that this book got greater and more suspenseful by the page. Once I finished with the book I dept wanting to read more, but all good stories must eventually end. This book had a total of 375 pages, and I thought it was a negative aspect because the size is intimidating. Also because of the amazing characterization I felt like I knew all of the characters extremely well by the time I completed the book.
Overall this book was filled with adventure, suspense and humor. I believe this book is meant for female readers who enjoy teen realistic fiction. Also I suggest that readers read the rest of the series because they are just as good as Forever in Blue, or maybe even better. Thank you to Ann Brashares for writing such a great book.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account