Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It was unexpected, I have to say, how much I liked this book: at first, I was looking forward to it, as my sister was gushing on about it, and I generally value her opinion, plus I'd read The Scorpio Races, which I'd loved. Then I was disappointed reading shiver, because it was...I don't know, more young, maybe--which is what Grace observes about Sam, and herself, at the end of forever--nice touch, there. So that was alright(ish) at the end; though I really didn't want to read on after shiver, but did anyway--cuz my sister wanted me to read them ( I found out later that she'd only read shiver...we do have our differences...lol (she's younger, maybe why...anyway)), and also because I hate quitting halfway through. And it was a good thing, because linger was way better than shiver, and forever surpassed its predecessors by far.

The best aspect was that the characters were fully realized in forever--made you really see them as real people, which I've found few authors can do, despite being great writers.

The one thing I noticed that may be a mistake is when Grace thinks of Shelby as 'the one responsible for Cole's death': I thought it should be 'the one who had three deaths on her hands', as she was the one responsible for Beck and Cole's deaths, as well being the one had who killed Olivia.

All in all, a pretty good read, if with a slow start...I give forever a 4.87, linger 4.15, and shiver 3.
Good Points
-great characters: gradually developed and thus (more) real--like how you'd get to know a person in reality
-sam's lyrics: LOVE, Cole's not bad, either
-unexpected insertions of prose
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account