Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This was the quickest read of all three books in the series. It also ended up being my least favourite of the three. There was a lot less focus on the band as a whole and on their story together and a lot more attention put on Summer and Caleb, their relationship, and the mystery of the hidden songs. I enjoyed the series more when the focus was more on the band and the mystery of Caleb’s father and his hidden songs were in the background.

Summer was a character I had a hard time connecting with the whole series. I could understand her being unsure of what she wanted to do with her life and her frustration that her parents had a plan for her that she might not want. But she was also very pushy and very inconsiderate of everyone else’s feelings around her. She was supposed to be the manager for the band but she never seemed to actually act in their best interest. She was so stubborn about the way she wanted the band to make it and maybe if she had paid more attention to them as a band instead of just Caleb and his mystery, the band wouldn’t have been on the verge of falling apart by this last book.

Dangerheart, which was my favourite part of the first two books, were barely a blip in this one. All the great supporting cast that we’d met through Exile and Encore to an Empty Room were mostly background noise to a Summer/Caleb duet. Since my main enjoyment came from the band and the supporting characters, I found it harder to get into this book and read it more quickly to get to the end just to get to the end.

I liked the concept of this series but with the lack of connection to the main character and enjoying the band story line that fell to the background, this conclusion wasn’t my favourite of the books.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account