Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Originally posted at: http://www.tween2teenbooks.com/2015/01/exquisite-captive-by-heather-demetrios.html

First Impressions

I binge bought this book at the beginning of the year, simply because I saw it on a shelf. The story looked interesting and it definitely didn't disappoint. I immediately dug into the book and couldn't put it down! Heck, I probably would have picked the book up for the cover alone.

Characters

The characters were nothing if not complex. I liked Nalia, though I figured out some of her secrets right off the bat. I love how the Jinni are from another world that's sorta parallel to ours. There's Malek, the crappy human that owns her who's obviously not fully human. Right off the bat, I knew something was off with Malek, besides his general creepiness. The one downside is it looks like he might be redeemed later in the story, and I really hate him. Then there's Raif, who I MAJORLY ship Nalia with. Raif is really cool, and it's nice to occasionally get in his head and see how he thinks.

Writing

This was definitely some good writing. It felt both elegant and succinct. The story got right to the point, and was never confusing, but felt beautiful at the same time. I loved how long the book was, and it really helped me get out of my book slump.

World Building

The world building was AWESOME!!!!! I mean, look at Arjinna, home of the Jinni.

Is that not beautiful? It was super cool seeing Nalia's memories of Arjinna, while being solely based in Los Angeles. Their world is obviously complex, and much like the real world, each action has very serious reactions.

So, yeah, read this book! It's super good and I can't wait for the next one!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account