Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: This was my first “genie” book, so I really liked exploring this world and how the author wove it into modern day society. These creatures are basically from another world and I liked how fascinated some of them were with our world’s technology, it was funny. It was also interesting how the author created a caste system of jinns, each with their own special powers and unique attributes. I liked learning about their rules for wish-granting and thought it was very clever how Malek worked around this. His relationship with Nalia was very tense and complicated and I kind of enjoyed the drama between them. Of course, I’m definitely on Raif’s side. He’s your typical charming guy, but also very dedicated and strong. I wanted interactions with him and Nalia, because I really loved their chemistry.

Left Me Wanting More: At times it felt like it was too much info-dumping, which tends to bore me and made me want to DNF it at times. There wasn’t nearly enough action to move the plot along. I honestly felt this book was way too long and I found myself skimming through a lot of it. I still got the basic picture of the story and enjoyed it, so you can tell that all that frivolous stuff could’ve been left out to make it a more enjoyable read.

Final Verdict: The story in itself is pretty good and I liked the characters. My only problem with it was that it was way too long and full of frivolous details that didn’t add to my enjoyment of the book at all.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account