Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
"Evermore" is the story of Ever, who gained powers to see the dead and hear other people's thoughts (and see auras) after she survived a car accident which killed her family. Her new powers are more of a burden than a blessing and she has retreated to cope with them and the loss of her family- at least she still sees her sister Riley too. Damen is the hot new guy at school who for some reason seems interested in Ever. However, he clearly has some secrets.

Overall, it was an okay book- not my favorite. It really centered a little too much around the relationship between Ever and Damen for my liking- school and everything else falls to the wayside. Also, all the characters seemed a little too cliched and one-dimensional. For instance, there's Miles, her gay friend who seems to embody most gay stereotypes including a love of musical theater- he even gets to play the female lead in Hairspray, the musical the school is putting on. He also finds all his dates through online apps. This was not my favorite and I found even Ever and Damen to be a little too one-dimensional for me.

Despite those shortcomings, overall, the book was still pretty enjoyable and fast-paced; I did read it all the way through. The mysteries that are raised (particularly around Damen) are really enough to keep you engaged until the end- it's also a quick read. However, I am not sure if I will continue with the series.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account