Review Detail

4.7 5
Young Adult Fiction 333
A Must Read For Lovers of Fairy Tale Re-Tellings!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have read quite a few fairy-tale re-tellings this year and it was a very pleasant experience.All of them were so good that I felt that it would be cruel to say which one was the best among the type.Enchanted was one of these books.In Enchanted, the author took parts from different fairy-tales,whether it be ideas,concepts,or simply incidents and molded all of them into one beautiful tale of her own.While reading the book,I felt nostalgic,as it reminded me of the times when I used to curl up in bed at night and listen to my father recite similar tales to me.Everyone wants to be drifted off to their own imaginary land of fairy-tales once in a while,and this book is the perfect getaway!It's the kind of book which has its cheesy and adorable romance,the type which you know is a bit silly but still makes you feel giddy all over.The characters were wonderfully portrayed and perfectly synchronized with the storyline.The words of every single line had a poetic effect to the story,and they made it seem as if the story itself was a lullaby.Oh,and there's more.The book has fey in it!*Squeals*,ever since I've read The Iron Fey series I've fallen head over heels in love with their kind.In Enchanted,one particular fey,namely Trix,caught my attention.I found him really adorable and felt like kidnapping him and taking him home with me.But then reality hit me and I remembered that he was a fictional character.Oh,how unfair could life be!?Rumbold was quite a gentleman,even when he was a frog.His formality towards Sunday made me blush.It was as if he were directing his words at me instead of Sunday.But then again,that's just wishful thinking.Sunday is one lucky girl to have such a wonderful prince.I'm really jealous of her.
Even though this book is marked as a YA novel,I think that children from the age group of 9 to 12 can read it as well.It has romance in it,but no mushy stuff.It doesn't have any slangs or cussings in it either.Though I'd especially recommend it for tweens(or pre-teens,in other words),teens and anyone who loves fairy-tales.This is a book definitely worth having in paperback/hardcover.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account