N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Feedback

Man, oh man what a story! This takes 4 years after the events in books 2 and 3. I liked the jump in time because of the non existing events that happened to Allie in the past 4 years. Her grandparents are back in her life, Livia and Liam are now married, and Allie and Darius are about to graduate college. If the book would have picked directly up, it would have been really boring. Instead, the story picks up when Allie discovers that Aiden is not at school but in fact missing. The story was very fast paced and flowed fantastically. There were never really any boring parts and Craven provides the information from the non-mentioned 4 years throughout the story. I really liked the excelled plot line and the intensity of certain scenes. Personally, this story held a lot more emotion than the first two books. While I did enjoy the time jump, there were certain things that I felt like were missing. Even though all of my questions did get answered, it felt weird at first that they weren’t really prevalent or mentioned. My biggest one was what happened with Imogen, Lucien, and Dean. This lack of information or even the rest being worried about them created a little disconnect for me. Otherwise, I am really excited with the way this series is turning out and I cannot wait to continue.

Holy character development! I was blown away with the progression of these characters. Allie is still her hotheaded self but has calmed down a lot, which I am so happy about. She is really taking her responsibilities seriously and I love seeing this more serious side of her. While she can still pack a punch, with her fist and mouth, her development into the first princess of Indriell is really fitting for her. As she grows, so is her power and it’s been a really fantastic ride experiencing this with her. It took me a minute to get on the Livia train but as the story went on, I can understand how everyone is now very trustworthy of her. I felt like the time jump in the book caused the reasoning for me to take a while to like her. Without the experience the rest of the characters had, it was very surprising at first to see Livia already so intertwined in their family. Allie and Darius relationship is everything. I love, love, love their bond and how platonic it is while still being so emotionally evolved. Honestly, this was my favorite part of the book. It really made me so much more connected to them as they experienced their bond together and those certain scenes, I really hurt with Allie. Aiden broke my heart at the beginning, and I have a feeling it won’t be the only time he does that. He has grown so much as well and the events with him were crazy. One of my favorite things is this series continues to surprise me, especially with the characters. This time I did not see that twist with Naomi coming but it makes perfect sense. It is definitely going to cause some issues in the future but it’s going to be great to see this development. I cannot wait to continue these young immortals story and how they will shape the world for the generations to come.

Final Thoughts

Overall, Emerge: The Heir by Melissa A. Craven was a fantastic installment for the series. The events that took place are really driving the plot and story in a great way. While events of the prophecy are now becoming more clear and clear it’s been amazing watching Allie and the rest of the immortals interpret the best outcome. While the jump in time did cause some disconnection with the plot and characters, it was definitely the best way to write this story. I loved the development of the characters and the roads they are taking to really define themselves. All of the bonds they are creating are fantastic and I can’t wait to follow them more. I highly recommend this series and can’t wait to see what else these young immortals have in story for us.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account